We are excited to welcome travelers back to the Hawaiian Islands!
Travelers from out of state are able to participate in the State of Hawaii’s Safe Travels Program. A 10-day mandatory quarantine will be required for transpacific travelers arriving WITHOUT a negative result from an accepted COVID-19 Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) taken within the 72 hours before departure of the final leg of their trip to Hawaii. Travelers will not be able to obtain an accepted COVID-19 test upon arrival at ay Hawaii Airport. More information here:
NEW: Starting June 15th, 2021 all interisland travel restrictions have been lifted and anyone who has been vaccinated in Hawai’i can travel to the islands without any testing or quarantine requirements.
Please visit Kauai Travel Restriction Page for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Travel Requirements:
– What happens if my flight is delayed by weather or mechanical issues? Will my test result be accepted?
A traveler who takes a test within 72 hours from the scheduled final leg of departure, and has a negative test result, and whose departure is delayed by the airline, will not be subject to the state 10-day quarantine. This provision will not apply to any additional county-imposed quarantine rules separate and apart from the state’s pre-test waiver.
Traveler’s 72-hour window will still be approved when the flight time changes, or delays are caused by the airline. Instruct traveler to hold onto original board pass and inform airport screener upon deplaning (they should already be aware before landing). Traveler to input new/rescheduled flight information into Safe Travels account, which should match updated boarding pass.
– Are there special exemptions for travelers who have had Covid-19 and recovered?
There is an exemption for people who have tested positive for Covid 19 and recovered. To be considered for this exemption, you must upload 1) a copy of your positive Covid 19 test result, and 2) a signed letter from your medical provider. Please visit the website here to submit exemption paperwork: ag.hawaii.gov/travelexemption/
Traveler ALERT: The State of Hawaii DOES NOT charge fees to apply for the Safe Travels program, or to create a Safe Travels account, or to access the Safe Travels application, or for Safe Travels information. The OFFICIAL STATE OF HAWAII websites for the State of Hawaii’s Safe Travels Program are https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel/ and https://travel.hawaii.gov/.
Our Flexible Cancellation Policy
- When you book directly with us, if your travel plans change through June 30, 2021, you’ll receive a credit to return within one year of your original travel date. Any change to the original booking must occur 24 hours prior to arrival. The updated reservation must occur within 1 year of the original travel dates and needs to be reserved directly with the hotel.
- For new reservations, make changes or cancel your reservation up to 24 hours before check in to receive a travel credit.
- Please note, our flexible cancellation policies are good for guests who book direct with us. For guests who booked via online travel agencies or through third parties will need to contact their booking provider for their policies and for assistance.
Safe & Sound: Our New Protocols
We’re staying up-to-date and going above and beyond the guidance from the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and state and local health officials to ensure the safety of our guests and team, including:
- Increasing frequency of cleaning using hospital-grade disinfectants on all high-touch surfaces and areas such as the lobby, guest rooms, common spaces, recreational areas, public restrooms, and all employee areas.
- Training our staff on comprehensive COVID-19 protocols, detailing protection against the transmission of the virus and procedures in the case of a suspected or confirmed case.
- Requiring protective masks and other equipment to be worn by all hotel associates and all persons within the hotel’s public spaces, including guests and associates. Masks for guests are required for indoor spaces only.
- Implementing social distancing signage, guidance, and spacing of furniture in all our public areas, including our mineral pools and spa.
- Implementing enhanced food safety and hygiene protocols for our restaurant and bars and limiting seating in our gathering spaces.
Your Check-In/Check-Out Experience
- Limited Airport Shuttle Service is available upon request (hours and wait times may vary). We highly recommend booking your rental cars and activities as far in advance as possible.
- We are providing contactless Check-In/Check-out
- We are sanitizing all guest room key cards prior to placing them back into circulation
- A Warm Welcome: We’ve added partitions at our front desk to provide an extra level of precaution for our guests and associates, and continue to provide warm, in-person welcomes.
Your Guest Room Experience
You can bet we’re using the latest and greatest technology available to clean your guest room. We wouldn’t have it any other way.
- We’ve cleaned all surfaces thoroughly with hospital-grade disinfectants, including extra disinfection of frequently touched areas, including light switches, door handles, TV remotes, and thermostats.
- We provide housekeeping in guest rooms only when requested.
- We’ve removed all non-essential items from guest rooms (i.e. paper, pens). These items are available by request.
- We are offering contact-free room service.
Your Dining Experience
- Food & Beverage operations is open for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner with limited menu.
- Guests of Kauai Beach Resort are welcome to have food delivered to the hotel. We recommend ordering delivery via ubereats.com and d2dhawaii.com.
- Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our guest services team for recommendations for local eateries that are open.
Your Pool Experience
- Fresh air, fresh seats. We’ll be sanitizing all pool furniture frequently, and deep cleaning by pressure washing each night.
- More room to bask in the sun. We’ll be spacing out and removing some pool and garden furniture to meet social distancing standards.
- Everyone gets a turn. We’ll be capping our pool area occupancy.
- Swim safely. We’ll ensure appropriate chlorine levels are maintained and monitored.
- Jacuzzis are open.
Your Fitness Experience
- The fitness center is open daily from 8am to 10pm.
* In accordance with State guidelines, there is a 10 person maximum inside the Fitness Center at all times. Please wear a mask at all times and keep six feet distance from others during your work out. Unfortunately we cannot provide towels at this time in the fitness center, however you may bring your own towel from your guest room or request one from the front desk.
Your Spa Experience
- The Spa is open Wednesday through Sunday 10am to 4pm by appointment only.
- Spa reservations are required. Call 808-246-5529 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feel good about staying with us
We will continue to update protocols as new information and technology becomes available. We’re committed to doing all that we can to ensure you’ll rest assured and sleep well.
If you have questions about COVID-19, please visit the CDC website.
We look forward to welcoming you to the new KBR experience. We can’t wait to see you again.
- text required here, but I'm hiding this list element with CSS. Thanks, Johnathan